Since 2020, Reef Renewal Foundation SVG has been dedicated to restoring St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ coral reefs through innovative coral nurseries and restoration techniques. Guided by these key priorities, we continue to restore Elkhorn corals, educate people from around the world about how they can help, and use the latest science and research to guide and shape our techniques.
- Reef Renewal Foundation SVG works to restore and enhance the population of Elkhorn coral (Acropora palmata) in shallow waters along the coasts of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Enhancing these populations occurs through two main concepts: 1) increasing the colony abundance of Acropora corals at sites around the island; 2) preserving the island’s genetic diversity by collecting from wild populations and housing them in our nursery.
Outreach & Involvement
- Collaborate with institutions and organizations internationally to facilitate the exchange of information and develop best practices within the growing field of coral restoration.
- Strengthen relationships with other coral restoration projects around the Caribbean, in turn strengthening all of our abilities to affect conservation change.
Research & Science
- Work with partner research scientists and institutes to answer questions that will continue to advance our restoration methods.
- Implement comprehensive monitoring programs using innovative and effective techniques to collect meaningful data.